Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Happy Hollydays!

My favorite time of year is Christmas.  I enjoy so much getting out each one of my boxes of decorations.  Opening them up is like getting early Christmas presents .  

Every year I try to hit the after Christmas sales and then pack them away for next year.  Someone can find many bargains that way when people are out of the Christmas mood.

Last year I did a bag free Christmas, which means that every present was wrapped in a box under the tree.  It took a lot of effort but it was worth it to see all of the presents wrapped beautifully underneath the tree.

This year I hung large red balls from my entryway chandelier and used big wide ribbon mesh to weave in and around them.  

I placed my extra-large Christmas bulbs in the alcove underneath my art for dramatic appeal.  Getting up and down the ladder so many times is not my idea of fun, but when there is decorating to be 
done - danger or no danger I am there!

So give me an S on my chest for my effort this year to get the house decorated in a beautiful fashion.  My family enjoys and appreciates all of my hard work.  

Now if we could just stage our pictures so that all of my decorating can be shown that would make me happy!  My family, not so much, they hate for me to reposition them several times so that I can get the right shot.  Such is the life of living with an interior designer...  I only ever want to do pretty.

Email me your decorating questions at Hollyulmer@tx.rr.com

Merry Christmas!  Happy Holidays!
From my house to yours.




No comments: